I’m on a real juice and smoothie kick lately. I guess the warmer weather invites cravings for refreshing drinks. It’s so much fun to invent all kinds of fun combinations of fruits, spices and vegetables. Here’s one I came up with the other day.
Coconut, ginger & lime juice
Yield: about 2 glasses
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 cups coconut water (flavoured if you prefer)
- 2 Tbs apple sauce
- Fresh mint
- 8 ice cubes
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO:
- Toss all the ingredients into a high-powered mixer.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds – 1 min.
- Pour into pretty glasses, add a straw, and serve immediately.