For New Year’s Eve, one of the snacks on the table were delicious home made beet chips. I couldn’t get enough of them, which naturally led me to purchase a big bag of organic beets and try making my own. If you’re struggling to eat enough veggies, here’s one way to get more of them. These beet chips are so simple to make and are great as a (very) healthy alternative to regular chips.
BEET CHIPS (VEGAN)
10-15 fresh, uncooked beets
3-4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel all the beets and slice them as thinly as possible.
- Place in a big bowl and drizzle the apple cider vinegar over, spice with salt and pepper (or any other spices you’d like, for example: garlic, chili or cinnamon).
- Set the oven to 150C / 300 F.
- Line a couple of baking trays with parchment paper. Place the beet slices in one layer on the trays and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, checking on them every 15 minutes. Depending on how thinly sliced they are, and how small each slice is, they’ll have varying baking time.
Interesting, why is there no use of oil?
Oil is not necessary to achieve the crispy consistency of chips, so to keep these as healthy as possible I’ve not added any oil. But feel free to try it with the addition of oil if you’d like! :)
This looks amazing! And I think that adding all sorts of spices is a great idea! <3
Thanks! I hope you try the recipe and find a good flavour combination that you like.
Pingback: 30 Healthy Chip Recipes | HelloNatural.co
Pingback: 10 Plant Based Recipes for Halloween • Banana Bloom
Pingback: 4 Healthy-ish Snack Foods You Can Totally Make at Home | Katsington
Pingback: 4 Healthy-ish Snack Foods You Can Totally Make at Home - College Fashion