I’ve made Rocky Road candy every Christmas for the past couple of years now, it’s either been devoured by my family and I at Christmas, or I’ve made it to give away as a gift. A cellophane bag and some ribbon and you’ve got a gorgeous (and very tasty) gift for someone you like.
This year I made a vegan version full of strawberry and vanilla flavored vegan marshmallows (I bought them at Goodstore from Freedom Mallows), and walnuts, cranberries, and topped them off with some cacao nibs. Unless someone puts in a particular request for these, they’re going on the candy tray at Christmas.
VEGAN ROCKY ROAD
Yield: about 10-15 squares/chunks
1-2 handfuls of vegan mini marshmallows
1 small handful walnuts, chopped (or other nuts)
1 handful cranberries
100 g / 3.5 oz semi-sweet vegan chocolate
1. Line a small container with parchment paper.
2. Place the mini marshmallows, chopped nuts and cranberries in a medium size mixing bowl and give it a quick mix.
3. Chop up the chocolate and place it in a heat proof bowl, microwave to melt, stirring every couple of seconds to avoid it burning.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the rest of the ingredients and mix until coated.
5. Pour into the prepared container and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
6. Once set, chop into bite sized pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.