I get it, the holiday season is busy as can be. You’ve got to figure out what to get your aunt’s new boyfriend for Christmas, your bag hasn’t been packed yet, you still haven’t found a Christmas outfit, and on top of that, you promised to bake something home made for Christmas dinner.
I got your back.
These little fruit and nut clusters are a quick and easy crowd pleaser. The ingredients are pretty much anything you’ve got on hand.
I made two variations of these, one regular version with just chocolate, fruit and nuts and another one where I added liquorice powder and topped them with crushed raw liquorice as decoration (and to tell the clusters apart for those who aren’t liquorice lovers).
CHOCOLATE FRUIT & NUT CLUSTERS
Yield: about 20 clusters
1/2 cup crushed mixed nuts (I used walnuts, cashews and pecans)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1-2 Tbsp cacao nibs
100 grams /3.5 oz chocolate
1 tsp liquorice powder
1 tsp raw liquorice, crushed (for decoration)
1. Combine the nuts, dried fruits and cacao nibs, and liquorice powder (if using) in a bowl.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
3. Pour the melted chocolate over the fruit and nuts and stir until everything is completely coated.
4. Line a tray with parchment paper and crush the raw liquorice if using.
5. Using a teaspoon, scoop heaps of the mixture and dollop it onto the tray. (Sprinkle the tops with the crushed liquorice).
6. Set in the freezer to firm up.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.