I made a batch of bliss balls for my mom for her birthday (Happy Birthday mom!). This variation of them is something I’ve been plotting for a while but had yet to try. I knew my mom would be the perfect recipient of them because they’re super chocolate-y. They turned out so great that I’m willing to chalk them up as my best yet.
These are Brownie Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bliss Balls and they are heaven in my mouth.
BROWNIE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BLISS BALLS
1/2 cup walnuts
15 medjool dates, pitted
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp mequite powder, optional
2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
1.5 tsp ground coffee
1/2 tsp pure vanilla powder
pinch of salt
100 grams / 3 oz dark chocolate (70%), chopped
unsweetened shredded coconut and crushed walnuts and almonds to coat
- Add the walnuts to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, blend on high until completely ground and the mixture starts to lump together slightly (about 3-5 minutes).
- Chop the medjool dates into smaller chunks and add them to the food processor, blend on high until completely incorporated with the walnuts and no big pieces of dates remain. The mixture should lump together and start to form a big ball in the processor.
- Add the peanut butter, mesquite, cacao powder, coffee, vanilla and salt. Blend again until completely mixed and no dry powder or big pieces remain.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, using a spatula or your hands, fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Roll into balls and coat by rolling in unsweetened shredded coconut and/or crushed walnuts and almonds.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for months!