I love breakfast. I belong to the group of people (and I know there’s enough of us to fill a medium sized country) that could eat breakfast every meal of the day. And I totally have breakfast for dinner whenever I can’t be bothered cooking something.
My mornings are a kind of zen experience and I often get up extra early just to get as much time as possible to hang around and enjoy my breakfast. The added bonus of my morning ritual is that I actually look forward to my mornings! Lately, I’ve been longing for breakfast more than usual. The reason is this vegan zucchini banana bread, it’s become a standard that I bake a loaf of it every weekend to cover my breakfasts throughout the week. I can’t go without it.
Vegan Zucchini Banana Bread
1 3/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix (or cinnamon)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla powder, optional
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 Tablespoons coconut sugar, optional
1/2 cup non dairy milk (I use almond)
2 very ripe bananas
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium sized zucchini, grated or shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 365 F
- Mix together all the dry ingredients – flour, powders, spices, and optional coconut sugar – in a medium sized bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the bananas, non dairy milk, nut butter, molasses, vanilla. Blend until smooth. (You can also mash the banana in a bowl until smooth then mix in the non dairy milk, and coconut oil.
- Add the wet mix to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until well combined, the batter should be pretty thick. Add the grated zucchini and mix until incorporated.
- Line a small loaf pan with parchment paper and spoon the dough into it.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 180 C / 365 degrees F. Then reduce the heat to 175 C / 350 F and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see that the bread is baked through.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire track and allow to cool completely.
Similar recipes around the internet